This area of Disability Access Services includes resources for faculty.
If you have any questions or would like to speak to someone regarding a particular situation or student, please feel free to contact the DAS office. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (314) 516-5671.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - Answers commonly asked questions from faculty and staff members.
- Faculty Syllabus Suggestions - Provides sample statements that can be included in course syllabi to inform students about the DAS office.
- Volunteer Notetaking - Discusses the use of volunteer note takers at UMSL as a mandated accommodation and provides suggestions for locating a volunteer note taker.
NOTE: If you have a student enrolled in our program, the Exam Transmittal Form needs to be completed for each exam submitted to DAS.
Helpful External Links for Faculty:
- The Faculty Room - This extensive website offers a wide variety of information related to teaching students with disabilities. It includes faculty resources, presentations, case studies, universal design guidelines, disability information, and more.
- Center for Teaching and Learning - The center for teaching and learning at the University of Missouri- St. Louis assist professors in find appropriate links when transcribing audio/visual information into transcripts for students with specific disorders. Please contact the DAS office for further assistance.