Candidates must be committed to a rigorous program of study requiring periodic residence at the University of Missouri-St. Louis College of Business Administration as well as substantial reading and academic inquiry throughout the program.
Applicants are expected to hold an MBA or another relevant advanced degree from an acceptable academic institution and to have 10 years of significant professional and/or senior level management experience with high levels of responsibility. In exceptional cases, individuals without an advanced degree but other forms of advanced education and substantial managerial experience may be considered; other experience or qualifications may also compensate for less than 10 years of professional or managerial experience.DOWNLOAD FALL 2019 DBA MAGAZINE
In reviewing applications, the admission committee considers:
- Candidate proficiency in written and oral English.
- Professional expertise and certifications (such as CPA, CFA, SHRM-CP, etc).
- Creative leadership, continuing intellectual development
community engagement and
- Significant professional achievements including oral presentations, written works, leadership on major projects and participation in professional development activities.
- Background knowledge in the functional areas of business and commerce (accounting and finance, marketing, human resource management, corporate and competitive strategy, information systems and operations management).