Transfer Services



What is the Dual Admission Program?
The Dual Admission Program (DAP) makes it possible to be jointly admitted and enrolled at both St. Louis Community College and the University of Missouri-St. Louis. It provides students with opportunities to complete a baccalaureate degree more easily with access to resources at both STLCC and UMSL.

Is the program open to anyone?
First-time college students who enroll at STLCC and also meet UMSL's first-time college student admission requirements are eligible to participate in DAP right away. As a transfer student, you are eligible to join provided you meet UMSL's minimum admission requirements. STLCC students who have completed 45 or more college credit hours will not be eligible to participate in DAP and will follow standard application and admissions procedures for UMSL.

Can international students apply for this program?
Yes. The UMSL domestic admissions criteria apply to admission for U.S. citizens and permanent resident aliens who attended high school in the United States (first-year students) and those with previous study in the United States (transfer students).

Admission for permanent resident aliens who attended high school outside the United States and international first-year students requires official transcripts showing successful completion of secondary school with a GPA of 2.0 or better. They also must have a minimum TOEFL score of 500 (paper-based, 173 computer-based, 61 Internet-based) or SAT/ACT (for permanent residents only).

Admission for permanent resident aliens transferring from universities outside the United States and international transfer students requires official transdripts showing a minum 2.0 GPA from previous postsecondary coursework, the minimum TOEFL score of 500 (paper-based, 173 computer-based, 61 Internet-based) or SAT/ACT (for permanent residents only).

International applicants to STLCC must fulfill admissions requirements. See admissions criteria for international students.  

Note about Immigration Documents: STLCC will be responsible for the initial I-20. Your I-20 will be transferred to UMSL when you start to take classes full time at UMSL.

Where do I apply?
General admission applications are available at both STLCC and UMSL. However, if you are interested in admission to the DAP program, you must meet with the STLCC DAP representative or UMSL DAP representative on your community college campus in order to process this application and the Intent to Participate form.

What is the Intent to Participate form?
This is a contract that students who wish to participate in the DAP must complete and submit. This document will be kept in your student file on both UMSL and STLCC campuses. The Statement of Intent to Participate form also serves as a Release of Information that authorizes STLCC and UMSL to share appropriate admissions, financial, academic and advising information concerning your enrollment and performance.

Who decides if I get admitted?
First-time and transfer applications must meet the criteria for both institutions. The UMSL admission criteria are more selective than those of STLCC. For first-time college student admission requirements at UMSL, visit

What student services will be available?
DAP students will have access to all STLCC student services including computer labs, libraries and career/employment services. DAP students will have access to UMSL computer labs, Health Services, Eye Care Services, the Mark Twain Athletic Complex, student activities, Center for Student Success for a DAP student fee assessed at the rate applied to one credit hour of attendance. This is optional for DAP students and is charged by the semester. See your UMSL advisor for more details.

How do I pay the DAP student fee?
Your payment can be made at the Cashier's office, Room 285 of the Millennium Student Center, 8 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, and 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday through Friday. Please check this because there is a conflict in times/days. Cashier stations accept payment in cash (U.S. dollars only), money order, check or pin-based MasterCard or Visa debit card.

What tuition do I pay?
Tuition and fees are based on the number of credits you register for. STLCC tuition and fees will be assessed for STLCC courses, and UMSL tuition and fees are assessed for UMSL courses. The rate varies depending on your residency classification (district residents, other Missouri residents, out-of-state residents and international students).

How will I be billed? What are my payment options?
The UMSL Cashier's office offers several payment options. Please visit the Web site at

STLCC also offers several payment options, including a flexible automatic payment plan, e-Cashier.

What scholarships are available to DAP students?
DAP students are eligible for all STLCC scholarships available.

DAP students are eligible for all transfer scholarships provided they meet applicant eligibility at the time of transfer to UMSL. STLCC students also are eligible for the Community College President's Scholarship.

What other financial aid is available?
You are eligible for the same aid programs available to all students. Availability is based on the date you complete the FAFSA application files and your eligibility status. DAP students are expected to abide by the financial aid policies and procedures set by the campus evaluating and awarding financial aid.

Will I receive financial aid from both STLCC and UMSL?
No. You can only receive financial aid at one institution for the term in which you are registered. Even though you may be dually enrolled, one institution will be designated the "home" institution and that institution will disburse your check.

Who decides which school is the "home" institution?
Based on your immediate degree objective and enrollment, STLCC and UMSL Financial Aid offices will coordinate which office will be the "home" institution for aid purposes.

How will my tuition be calculated?
You will be billed the appropriate (based on residency status) STLCC and UMSL tuition and fees, and will be billed separately by each school.

When is financial aid disbursed? 
All financial aid requirements must be completed before there is a disbursement. UMSL financial aid office begins the disbursement process 10 before each semester.

Can I use my Work Study from the "home school" at the other school? 
The earnings from Work Study are spent at the discretion of the student.

Do I need to attend an orientation program at both STLCC and UMSL?
There will be a DAP student orientation program at your STLCC campus that you will be required to attend. It will be hosted jointly by UMSL and STLCC.

How and where do I register for classes?
You may register through the regular process for each institution. For classes at STLCC, you may register in person, by mail or online.

As a new student to UMSL, you will be required to meet with an academic advisor to complete the registration process. Once enrolled you may conveniently register for future semesters in a variety of ways. For more detailed information, visit the Registrar Web site at

When do I register for courses?
As a DAP student, you will follow the same registration procedure at STLCC as other students. Should you decide to attend enroll at UMSL prior to transfer, you will be allowed to pre-register for UMSL classes with other continuing students. Continuing students may register for UMSL spring classes the first week in November, and for summer and fall classes the first week in April.

Am I eligible for housing at UMSL?
Yes. Anyone enrolled as a student at UMSL or another higher education institution in the St. Louis area may live at University Meadows, a student apartment community on the UMSL south campus.

Will I need parking permits to park at STLCC and UMSL?
Yes. You will need parking permits for both institutions. As a DAP student and enrolled at STLCC, if you need to park at UMSL and are not currently enrolled in UMSL classes, your parking sticker will be charged at the fee rate applied to one credit hour. As an enrolled student at UMSL, you will be required to pay the sticker fee based on the number hours you are taking.

How will I get between STLCC and UMSL if I don't have a car?
STLCC campuses and UMSL are located on major mass transit routes, and the UMSL campus has two MetroLink stops.

Where can I go to get help if I am having difficulty with my classes?
DAP students have access to student academic support services at both STLCC and UMSL.

At UMSL, the Center for Student Success in Room 225 of the Millennium Student Center can assist with study skills as well as provide referrals to specific supplemental instruction/tutoring available through academic departments. The Math and Writing labs are available to all students.

Do I need to take placement assessments at both STLCC and UMSL?
St. Louis Community College uses Accuplacer, a computerized placement test to assess your academic skills and needs. Following testing, you and your advisor or counselor can review your results and determine coursework appropriate to your academic skills and chosen program of study.

The Accuplacer test is required of all students unless academic credentials are submitted that qualify students to take such courses without testing. STLCC may waive all or part of the entry assessment if students provide written documentation.

If you have successfully completed College Algebra with a grade of C- of better, you will not be required to take a math placement exam at UMSL. If that is not the case, in order to register for math courses, you will have to take the UMSL math placement test to place in Math 1020 Contemporary Math or Math 1030 College Algebra. Students may place directly into Math 1100 Basic Calculus with an ACT Math score of 26 or higher. Student may place directly into Math 1800 Calculus I with an ACT Math score of 26 or higher and a 7 or higher on the UMSL Trigonometry Placement Test. A student's score on the Missouri Math Placement Test can be substituted for the ACT Math score. See for details of qualifying for math courses at UMSL.

How do I arrange for special accommodations if I have a disability?
At STLCC, an Access office on each campus offers support services to students who have documented disabilities of a permanent or temporary nature. To qualify for services, students must identify themselves to the Access office and provide written documentation of their disabilities from qualified professional agencies. This declaration should be made at least six weeks prior to the beginning of each semester so that accommodations can be in place when classes begin. 

At UMSL, students are encouraged to contact Disability Access Services at 144 MSC, 314-516-6554, to register, request and arrange for classroom accommodations.

Am I eligible to use the child care services at STLCC and UMSL?
STLCC operates licensed child care centers on its Florissant Valley, Forest Park and Meramec campuses.

Visit UMSL at

I will be needing to use the libraries at both schools. How does this work?
Use a STLCC card at a community college library and a UMSL card at the UMSL libraries. This will ensure that students get the maximum privileges to which they are entitled.

Where do I buy books? What are the policies for returns, buy-backs?
At UMSL, the bookstore, located in the Millennium Student Center, is owned and operated by the university and is the official headquarters for all textbooks, general reading materials and university clothing and gifts.

Each semester textbooks may be returned for a full refund one week after the first day of class with receipt, and provided they (new books) have not been written in or damaged.

Each semester during final exams the bookstore will buy back your textbooks. If the book is being used again the bookstore pays one half of the new price (even if you purchased it used). For additional information:
Phone: 314-516-5763; Web site:

St. Louis Community College operates bookstores on each of its four campuses and at the South County Education and University Center. All offer textbooks, merchandise and services to support the educational needs of our students. The bookstores also carry a wide variety of STLCC apparel, gifts, computers, software and general school supplies.

Are health services available at both STLCC and UMSL?
Yes. For information about health services at STLCC, visit their website.

Services of Health, Wellness & Counseling are available at UMSL to any student paying the Health Services Fee.

Is there health insurance available for me to insure myself and my family while I am attending college? 
Health insurance is available to students taking credit hours and physically attending classes on the UMSL campus. For specific coverage information, visit