Office of Academic Affairs
Policies and Documents
Office of Academic Integrity
Colleges and Schools
Centers and Institutes
Academic Support Units
Information About UMSL Faculty
Information For UMSL Faculty
Information About UMSL Students
Information For UMSL Students
The nominee may want to include the following in the personal philosophy statement and/or as additional supporting materials:
- Innovative techniques developed to assess student learning and provide feedback.
- A description of a created course or a revised curriculum.
- Concrete examples of effective mentoring techniques.
- Innovative teaching techniques shared with other teachers.
- Steps taken to extend the learning process beyond the classroom.
- Creative ways teaching draws upon ones research or public service.
- Contributions to peer discussion of teaching and learning and/or class design through publications, presentations, web-based resources, etc.
- Evidence of impact at the state or regional level.
- Copies of course syllabi
See also Resources for Teaching