There are multiple ways to stay involved with the Education Abroad office, other study abroad participants, and international students studying at UMSL We are always in need of students to volunteer their time, but we also have a limited number of paid positions as official UMSL Global Ambassadors:
- Serving as the first contact for students who email, call, or visit the office
- Advising students on program selection and application
- Representing the Education Abroad office on campus (tabling, class visits, events, etc.)
- Marketing & disseminating information about study abroad at UMSL
- Collaborating with fellow global ambassadors, UMSL Global staff, and others on the UMSL campus to promote study abroad
- We are looking for students who have specific skills/interests in the following areas:
- Advertising: Create and execute a plan to tell all UMSL students about study abroad
- Event planning: Create and plan events on campus that will attract students to study abroad
- Graphic design: Create digital and print materials to support our marketing
- Social media: Create content - posts, interviews, photos, videos, etc.
- Study Abroad returnee or significant international experience
- Previous leadership experience
- Experience working in the UMSL system
- Graphic design and/or web design experience
- Candidates must be able to work independently on daily tasks
- Able to commit to at least two semesters of availability
Work Hours: 8:00-5:00 Monday-Friday. Evening or weekend on a rare occasion.
Hours/week: up to 20
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how you plan to share your experience the UMSL community.