Cynthia M. Dupureur, Department Chair
Undergraduate Program Overview
Degree Programs In Biochem and Biotech
Chemistry Tutoring Service
Undergraduate Scholarships and Awards
Research for Undergraduates
Chemistry & Biochemistry: Summer 2017
UG TA Application
Graduate Program Overview
Application to Graduate Program
Graduate Program Contact Information
Graduate Student Seminars
Robert W. Murray Lecture
Distinguished Alumni Lecture
Visiting Speaker Seminars
- Breaking News: The department will host a reception for alumni at the ACS meeting in Philadelphia. The ACS Alumni Hour will be held in the Philadelphia Convention Center from 6:00 to 7:30 pm. on Monday night, August 23. Several Faculty members will be present including the news Department Chair, Christopher D. Spilling and Lawrence Barton. We hope you will be able to stop by the reception. Please read the letter from Professor Barton
- Professor Lawrence Barton (photo) received a Boron in the Americas IX Award at the conference in San Marcos Texas in May, 2004. Boron in the Americas is held biennially in North America. The award which consists of a plaque is given typically to two boron chemists at each meeting. Last year the recipients were F. Gordon Stone, G. J. Kodama and Nicos A. Petasis. Also honored at last year's meeting were Nobel Laureates Herbert C. Brown, William N. Lipscomb and George A. Olah. More information is available on the "Boron in the Americas" web site.
- Dr. Jean Huhmann-Vincent, (BA 1992, Ph.D. 1997) to give the 2004 Distinguished Alumni Lecture on Monday, May 3, 2004.
- Professor Zhi Xu wins the University of Missouri System's 2004 Faculty Entrepreneur of the Year Award. More......Dr. Jacqueline K. Barton, Arthur and Marian Hanish Memorial Professor and Professor of Chemistry at the California Institute of technology to give The Seventh Annual Robert W. Murray Lecture on Monday, March 15, 2004..New UMSL Chemist is sent to the printer......View a preview copy.Donna Kramer is chosen as the UMSL Empoyee of the Month for December.
- Dr. Nigam Rath is promoted to Research Professor.
- Search for two new Biochemistry faculty begins.....
- Thomas F. George, Professor of Chemistry and Physics is the new chancellor at the University of Missouri-St. Louis.
- Eight new graduate students join the department. Photo.