Cynthia M. Dupureur, Department Chair
Undergraduate Program Overview
Degree Programs In Biochem and Biotech
Chemistry Tutoring Service
Undergraduate Scholarships and Awards
Research for Undergraduates
Chemistry & Biochemistry: Summer 2017
UG TA Application
Graduate Program Overview
Application to Graduate Program
Graduate Student Seminars
Robert W. Murray Lecture
Visiting Speaker Seminars
Distinguished Alumni Lecture
- Department holds the annual awards ceremony followed by Distinguished Alumni Lecture by Jerry Ronecker.
- There are 10 BA and 6 BS students tentatively on the list of May 2003 graduates.
- Departmental tenure and promotion: The promotion of Jim O'Brien to full professor and the awarding of tenure to Cindy Dupureur have now been approved by Interim Chancellor Driemeier.
- The Chancellor has approved a search for replacement for Don Becker. The search will take place during 2003-4.
- Professor Becker has decided to join the Department of Biochemistry at the University of Nebraska which is starting an NIH-funded Center for Redox Biochemistry. This will allow Don to work with a number of individuals with closely related research interests.
- T. Don Tilley, Professor of Chemistry at the University of California Berkeley, will give the sixth Robert W. Murray Lecture. The lecture, "Zirconocene-Coupling Routes to Macrocycles, Oligomers, Polymers and Conducting Polymers.", will be held on Monday, March 17, 2003.
- Dean announces a scholarship competition in chemistry.
- Professor Lawrence Barton, Editor of 2002-2003 UMSL Chemist completes the work on this publication.
- Professor Joyce Corey receives the Presidential Award for Research and Creativity. more....
- Dr. Alfred Bader, renowned chemist, art collector and benefactor visited the Department on September 11, as part of the 95th Anniversary Celebration of the St. Louis Section of the American Chemical Society. He spoke on: "Richard Anshutz, Archibald Scott Couper and Josef Loschmidt: A Detective at Work".
- Doug Nuelle will recieve an Outstanding Alumni Award at the 11th annual Founders' Day on Thursday, September 12th, 2002. Douglas G. Nuelle, M.D, Chief of Orthopedics, Fannin Regional Hospital, Blue Ridge, GA, was our 14th Annual Distinguished Alumni Lecturer last year.
- UMSL Chemist 2002, our annual magazine of departmental and alumni news is being assembled. If you have news of Chemistry Department Alumni or just want to get in touch, email the editor, Professor Lol Barton.
- Ted Windsor has been selected as one of this year's recipients of the Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Service. Please send your congratulations through the Chair.