To assist you in planning your meeting and conference needs, please consider the following questions:
- How many participants do you anticipate will attend?
- How many participants will need overnight accommodations?
- How many single and/or double rooms are needed?
- What are your program or meeting space needs?
- What meeting room setups are available, and which one(s) best serve your conference needs?
- What are your audiovisual needs?
- What meals will be served, and how formal or informal will these meals be?
- How many of your participants will be arriving via air or ground transportation?
- Are there special diets or menus that need to be accommodated?
- Do you anticipate any disability needs from participants?
- How many and what kind of vehicles will need parking?
Whether you are a first-time planner or a seasoned pro, the tips below may save you time, money, and worry:
- Schedule an appointment to tour our facilities which may be unfamiliar to you. This will enable you to evaluate the fit of the facilities to your needs.
- Prepare a list of your meeting needs to share with the Conference and Event Services staff. This list would include such items as audiovisual needs, special room setups, disability needs, meal service needs, and overnight guest accommodations.
- Be as flexible as possible about dates. Having more than one date in mind increases the likelihood of securing a preferred date.
- If you have a tentative conference schedule drafted, please provide it to the Conference and Event Services staff. Even if there are some revisions later, this preliminary draft will help our staff become familiar with your general timeline of activities.
- Make sure you meet all deadlines. These dates are set to allow the Conference and Event Services staff adequate time and resources to meet all your conference needs. Missed deadlines may make it difficult or impossible to meet all your requests, as well as cause additional charges for late changes. Additionally, missed deadlines could also result in the cancellation of your reservation.
- Read all documents carefully and ask any questions you may have. The Conference and Event Services staff will be happy to answer and clarify any questions for you. We want to make certain you can avoid unexpected surprises at the last minute, as those could affect your satisfaction with your meeting, conference, or event.