Double major, Minor, Liberal studies
Benefits of the MA
Co-op with SLU
ΦΣΤ Honor Society
Mission and Vision
3 Year Course Plan
2010 Five-Year Review
Latest Departmental research and news:
- Gualtiero Piccinini and Robert Northcott's “Conceived This Way: Innateness Defended” is forthcoming in Philosophers’ Imprint
- Jill Delston's “Does a Sense Of Benevolence Influence Volunteering and Caregiving Among Older People?” appeared in Social Work Research, Volume 41, Issue 3, 1 September 2017, Pages 155–166.
- Jill Delston's chapter, "Public Reason and Its Limits: The Role of Truth in Politics" appeared in Ethics in Politics: The Rights and Obligations of Individual Political Agents
- Jill Delston's "When Doctors Deny Drugs: Sexism and Contraception Access in the Medical Field," has been published in Bioethics
- Billy Dunaway won a UM Research Board grant for project titled Knowing Reality.
- Billy Dunaway is co-editing Meaning, Decision, and Norms: Themes from the Work of Allan Gibbard with David Plunkett. It will be published open-access with Maize Books, and imprint of Michigan Publishing and is (as far as we know) the first open-access edited volume of this kind in philosophy.
- Billy Dunaway's chapter 'Realism and Objectivity' has been publishing in the Routledge Handbook of Metaethics.
- Billy Dunaway's chapter 'Scepticism' (co-authored with John Hawthorne) has been published in the Oxford Handbook of the Epistemology of Theology
- Eric Wiland presented '(En-)joining Others' at the New Orleans Workshop on Agency and Responsiblity in November 2017.
- Stephanie Ross will present 'Are Humean Critics Real and Can We Find Them Amongst Us?' at the APA-Central in Chicago in 2018.
More Philosophy Department news can be found on the News page.