We provide treatment for a variety of conditions and concerns including:
- Acute illness and injuries
- Ongoing health conditions
- Routine health visits
- Mental health
- Cold, Flu or Allergies
- Ear ache and Headache
- Rashes and Skin problems
- Sore throat or Cough
- Stomach ache
- Urinary tract infection
- Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B
- HPV vaccine
- TB Skin test
- Blood glucose / A1C
- Blood pressure
- Weight check
- HIV / STI testing
- Physical exam
- Strep test
- Vision screening
Want to quit smoking? Please call Health Services at 314-516-5671 to schedule an appointment with our medical staff. Nicotine patches, gums and lozenges are provided to students, faculty and staff free of charge. Learn more about our Kick it & Quit it smoking cessation campaign.
How to Quit
If you are ready to quit smoking, UMSL is ready to help. Quitting is a challenge and we have tips, resources and programs to help you quit and start a healthier life. Health Services works to provide quality smoking cessation programs and services for all students, faculty and staff.
- You will have greater success quitting with a support program.
- Stay busy and engage in physical activity.
- Avoid stressful situations, tempting situations and triggers, such as alcohol and coffee.
- Find new activities and hobbies.
- Focus on the rewards and benefits of quitting.
Benefits of Quitting
- Risk of all smoking-related diseases is reduced.
- Blood pressure and pulse rate lower.
- Improved circulation
- Improved sense of smell and taste
- More energy and stamina.
- More money.
- No need to worry about where and when you can smoke.
- Hair, clothes, breath, car and home will smell better.
Tobacco cessation resources