The University of Missouri – St. Louis is prioritizing the support of internal, university-sponsored events and restricting the use of campus facilities for external groups. In an effort to align with best practices in the higher education community and to mirror the maximum class size on campus, in-person events will be limited to no more than 30 people unless an exception is granted by the steering committee of the Campus Events Task Force.
According to the UMSL Foundation Guidelines for Events, food service will be limited to pre-packaged items whenever possible. Open buffets are not allowed. Food and drink should be made available during times in the event when groups will be stationary to limit mingling without a face covering.
Modifications to campus catering include operational changes and menu alterations. In catering, as with all other campus dining spaces, it is expected that menus may change or update regularly without notice. Outlined below are catering protocols for all event venues on campus.
- All catering orders will be for carryout or delivery and will be purchased through the Sodexo catering office.
- Only bottled beverages will be available, this includes water service.
- Traditional buffets will not continue. Gloves are required when handling any orders. Orders will not be handed to the guest directly. A designated space will identified for orders to be placed.
- Plated service will be limited to specific event situations and plans for such a meal should be included in the event intake form submitted to Event Services.
- Bar service will be limited to specific event situations and plans for bars should be included in the event intake form submitted to Event Services. Bars service, if approved, will adhere to additional St. Louis County Food Establishment Guidelines including:
- Service items such as napkins, garnishes, straws, etc. should be kept behind the bar and aware from areas where guests may order or pick up drinks.
- If customers are ordering directly from the bartender, a Plexiglass shield must be installed at the ordering point. Floor decals on the floor will mark off areas to ensure guests are the appropriate social distance.
- Guests should remain seated or stationary while consuming drinks.
- Only disposable plates, napkins, and utensils will be available for orders.
- Catering policies will be adjusted to meet any State, CDC, and health department guidelines and implemented as required.