The basic admission standards for all graduate business programs are the same. To be eligible to apply, you must hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and you must show a high promise of academic success. To maintain quality, only about 60 percent of all applicants are admitted into the University of Missouri-St. Louis graduate business programs.
All aspects of a student's application (letters of recommendation, previous work experience and grade point average) are considered when making admissions decisions, but for non-restricted admission an applicant must have an overall undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.00 on a 4.00 scale.
Specific Requirements for the International MBA
- Functional fluency in the native language of the foreign partner school is one of the requirements for admission to the International MBA program. For example functional fluency of Spanish is required for Tecnologico de Monterrey – Mexico and French is required for EM Strasbourg Business School.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of at least 79.
Each institution charges its own tuition. For partner institution students, UMSL will grant a partial tuition scholarship and they will be charged the in-state tuition rate (including any existing surcharges).
Before admission to a graduate program in business can be considered, a student must:
- Submit a completed application and have official transcripts covering all collegiate academic work sent to the Office of International Student Services for international students.
- Take the GMAT and have your scores sent to UMSL.
- Forward two letters of recommendation from professors or employers and a current résumé to the Office of International Student & Scholar Services.
Because it may take several months for students to register for the GMAT, take the test, and have their scores received in our office, students are encouraged to write early for information.
You may request information about the graduate business programs and Apply Online through the Admissions web page.