Technology Transfer and Economic Development (TTED), a function of the Office of Research Administration, serves as the focal point for technology commercialization, entrepreneurship and economic development for UMSL. Our mission is to grow Missouri's economy by advancing technology commercialization, encouraging entrepreneurship and promoting business opportunities.
We serve the campus and the community by:
- Facilitating translation of innovative research into new products and services
- Fostering university startup companies
- Providing education on entrepreneurship, innovation and commercialization to students and faculty
- Enabling constructive, responsible exchange of materials and ideas with outside partners
- Assisting with access to UMSL expertise
Economic Development is a core component of the University of Missouri System Mission. UMSL is helping to transform Missouri into a knowledge-based economy built upon innovation and entrepreneurship. The ORA works to develop and maintain startup business incubators; facilitates the transfer of technology from the University to the marketplace; and works with the community to start, attract, nurture and maintain high-growth companies.
Join the UMSL Technology Transfer and Innovation Marketplace