Current Student Profiles
Frequently Asked Questions
Welcome to the
Graduate Association of School Psychologists
GrASP is a student led organization which aims to:
provide opportunities for professional development
sponsor events that allow students to network with other student organizations and professionals in the field
establish on-going relationships with and serve our community by partnering with local nonprofit organizations
institute a means to promote positive change and advocate for our profession both locally and nationally
foster and maintain meaningful relationships and professional connections with current, future and past school psychology students through social events
A Little Bit About the UMSL Program:
The University of Missouri-St. Louis School Psychology program is the only Educational Specialist (Ed.S.) degree program that is NASP-approved in the State of Missouri! This training program provides specialized training in the provision of academic and social-emotional and behavior interventions via a problem-solving approach. Special attention is placed upon prevention, early intervention, and assessment of educational outcomes within a cognitive-behavioral theoretical perspective. The UMSL School Psychology Program’s primary goal is to prepare future school-based practitioners who can provide an array of effective student- and systems-level school psychological services to support all students.
Navigating Our Page:
- Please Follow our Tabs on the Left-Hand Side:
- Prospective Students- provides information about the program, has links to the program site, and tells about current candidates in the program.
- Current Students- includes a calendar with current events, pictures of past events, and current student work/awards/honors.
- Alumni- consists of a map of current UMSL alumns, information about alumni accomplishments, and links to useful school psychology internship and job sites.
- Resources- presents a comprehensive list of a variety of different useful information/materials and provides a blog for questions and answers for all things school psychology.
- On the Right-Hand Side are Important Links, including but not limited to:
- The Missouri Association of School Psychologists (MASP)
- The National Association of School Psychologists (NASP)