Career Services for Employers
Career Services works in partnership with employers and the campus community by assisting students and alumni to develop, implement, and evaluate job search strategies. We are committed to serving our customers in a friendly and professional manner.
The following is a brief description of the services we offer to employers:
- Web Resume Book - You may search the qualifications of our candidates based on your job criteria and view their resumes on-line via the internet.
- Resume Referral - We will match your job requirements with the qualifications of our job seekers through the Candidate Database and quickly refer those resumes to you.
- Web Job Listings - You may enter your full time and part-time positions, internships, and cooperative education opportunities directly on our web site after obtaining a password, or by emailing or faxing us a job description. Our candidates register on-line, and have 24-hour access to your position postings. They can respond to your listings following your preferred method of contact.
- Career Resource Lab - Our resource room contains career and company information, video tapes, computers for student use, and more. Remember to give us your web address so we can provide a direct link to your web site from the Career Services home page.
- On Campus Interviewing - Interview UMSL job seekers in our office at any time. Our spacious interview suite makes the hiring process efficient and productive - interview multiple applicants in a short time without interruptions. All information regarding your visit will be listed on our web site. Candidates have 24 hour access to information regarding your on-campus interview and pre-recruiting events.
- Career Experience & Employment Program - Your bridge to the future! Many students seek employment while completing their education. Students working in degree-related positions offer flexibility without affecting headcount. Students enhance and enrich their college experience while you build your workforce pipeline.
- Other Services - Coordinate pre-recruiting events; Schedule information tables; Coordinate lunch arrangements with faculty; Offer sponsorship of career publications; Maintain credential files for teacher candidates; Offer advice on recruitment strategies and act as liaison with campus clubs, activities, and the campus newspaper.