The Mission of the Center for Behavioral Health is to:
- Provide high quality and affordable outpatient evaluation and psychotherapy services for families throughout the St. Louis region.
- Serve as a regional center of excellence and training site for future psychologists, providing training to clinical graduate students, psychology interns, and postdoctoral residents.
- Further the research mission of the University by offering faculty and graduate students opportunities to conduct basic and applied research.
Our vision is that the effects of mental illness upon individuals and their families should be alleviated through the coordinated provision of evaluation and treatment by psychologists, future psychologists, and other providers, trained in the most effective evidence-based assessment techniques and treatment interventions.
Our Core Values:
- Excellence - in the provision of treatment, evaluation, and training to our clients and students
- Integrity - in promoting accuracy, honesty, and truthfulness in our interactions
- Respect - for others’ dignity and worth, and their rights to privacy, confidentiality, and self-determination
- Responsiveness - in providing timely, focused, and effective services
The Center for Behavioral Health is the primary community service site for CPS. Our staff include licensed psychologists, psychological interns, advance doctoral students, and certified school psychologists. All of our interns, doctoral students, and school psychologists are supervised by licensed clinical psychologists.