Common Searches

Transferring Courses

At this time, only undergraduate courses are loaded into the Course Equivalency Database (CEDB) at the University of Missouri-St. Louis.

The Course Equivalency Database link below will take you to a database of transfer equivalency information between UMSL and selected institutions. There are two options to choose from:

  • The first option is for transfer students, which will allow a student to view how coursework will be accepted at UMSL.
  • The second option is for current students who would like to take courses away from their home campus.

Access the Course Equivalency Database




All undergraduate college coursework attempted at formerly regionally accredited institutions* will be recorded on the UMSL transcript of students seeking an undergraduate degree, regardless of whether or not it is applicable to a UMSL degree. Credit accepted from another institution may or may not be applicable to specific degree programs. The University reserves the right to make the decision regarding applicability.

*The University of Missouri - St. Louis accepts transfer work from institutions that were formerly accredited by a Regional Accrediting agency per the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), specifically:

  • Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACCJC)
  • Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
  • Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
  • New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE)
  • Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
  • Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
  • WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)