SCOPE: Several banners and flags relating to the American Revolution. The material in this collection is on display on level two of the St. Louis Mercantile Library.
HOLDINGS: 18 Banners and Flags
HISTORY & PROVENANCE: This collection was placed on permanent loan with the St. Louis Mercantile Library by the Missouri Chapter of the Sons of the Revolution. The Society of Sons of the Revolution was formed in New York City in 1883 with the purpose of perpetuating the memory of the men who served in the military, naval and civil service of the colonies and of the Continental Congress.
ACCESS: The material in this collection is on display on level two of the St. Louis Mercantile Library. Please contact the staff in advance of your visit to coordinate further access to these materials for research purposes.
This collection is available for on-site use only in the Rare Book and Manuscripts Reading Room. Some of the material in Special Collection M-256 may be photocopied, digitally scanned or photographed, subject to condition. For collections marked limited access, researchers are advised to contact the library at least three business days in advance of their visit to submit a request to view the physical material.
Researchers are advised to call ahead concerning changes in hours due to University intersessions and holidays. The St. Louis Mercantile Library is located on levels one and two of the Thomas Jefferson Library building.
In observance of security procedures, certain services may not be available shortly before the daily closing time.
Preferred Citation: When citing the material from this collection, the preferred citation is: From the Special Collections of the St. Louis Mercantile Library at the University of Missouri – St. Louis.