The CARE Team is a group of UMSL staff who share their knowledge and expertise in an effort to address situations of concern. Though university students are the main focus of the CARE Team, concerning incidents involving visitors and guests are also discussed and acted upon as needed.
Meetings are held every two weeks throughout the academic year to ensure adequate and open communication between CARE Team members. Following these meetings, the case managers identify and implement action plans as appropriate.
The information shared within this group is confidential and is used solely for the purpose of determining an appropriate university response.
- Gather and analyze information regarding incidents of concern
- Assess needs of those impacted
- Determine and implement plans for the individual of concern, including both immediate and ongoing strategies
- Identify appropriate referrals for advice, support and assistance
- Review interventions and implementation strategies throughout the process
- Discuss emerging trends which adversely impact the campus community
- Maintain a record for students of concern, including the case management strategies which were employed
- Assistant Dean of Students, Student Affairs – D’Andre Braddix (Chair)
- Student Conduct Coordinator, Student Conduct – Kasey Fraser-Smith (Case Manager)
- Senior Program Manager, Student Social Services – Robin Kimberlin (Case Manager)
- Director, Academic Integrity – Tanisha Stevens
- Assistant Dean of Students, Student Affairs – Miriam Roccia
- Captain, Police Department – Marisa Smith
- Assistant Director, Athletics – Jessica Chandler
- Assistant Director, Residential Life – Jackie Warren
- Director, Health, Counseling & Disability Access Services – Chris Sullivan
- Title IX Coordinator/Chief Equity Officer – Dana Daniels
- Assistant Director, Veteran Student Center – Rebecca McMenamin
- General Manager, University Meadows – Mike Golomb
- Director, SUCCEED Program – Jonathan Lidgus
- Counselor/Victim Advocate, Counseling Services – Mindy Stratmann-Sebol
If you would like to report an incident of concern to the CARE Team, please email Kasey Fraser-Smith (email@example.com) or Robin Kimberlin (KimberlinRM@umsl.edu). Note:Concerns involving immediate or imminent danger should be reported to Campus Police at 314-516-5155.