The Office of Greek Life (OGL) is dedicated to continuously engaging and developing its undergraduate members to enhance the management and quality of the fraternity and sorority experience at the University of Missouri – St. Louis (UMSL). The UMSL Minimum Standards for Greek Organizations is an agreement between the member chapters of the College Panhellenic Council, National Pan-Hellenic Council (Black Greek Council) and Interfraternity Council with their respective governing councils and the OGL. With the support of the OGL, these minimum standards will be implemented and documented by the chapters and governing councils.
These minimum standards were created to intentionally integrate the core principles of fraternity/sorority affiliation with the actions and behaviors of members to promote the overall advancement of UMSL’s undergraduate Greek community. By outlining a clear, but comprehensive, set of minimum standards for UMSL’s Greek-letter organizations, the groundwork has been created to achieve the following:
- to improve the management and quality of Greek-letter organizations while also maintaining the development and shared expectations of members,
- provide a framework by which each chapter can evaluate and progress its contributions to the greater UMSL community,
- quantify and document chapter activities and successes, and
- create an assessment tool for the OGL to determine the recognition status of chapters.
The annual review of chapter performance (August - May) will be based on the following areas of the minimum standards:
- Scholarship/ Academic Achievement
- Membership Development & Education
- Risk Management & Legal Liability
- Leadership & Campus/Community Engagement
- Community Service & Philanthropy
- Chapter Management