About the ORA
Vice Provost for Research
Proposals, Grants, and Contracts
Award Process & Management
Submitting a Proposal
For UMSL Inventors
For UMSL Entrepreneurs
Animal Subjects (IACUC)
Conflict of Interest
Human Subjects (IRB)
Proposals, Grants and Contracts
Animal Welfare Unit
University of Missouri-St. Louis Research Awards, March 2016 competition
- James Bashkin, Chemistry and Biochemistry, awarded $12,500 for the project Biological Activity of Cancer-Prevention Candidates for Women's Health.
- Maryann Bozzette, Nursing, awarded $9,261 for the project Transitioning Premature Infants to Direct Exclusive Breastfeeding.
- Lon Chubiz, Biology, awarded $12,489 for the project Genomic exploration of Acidobacteria, a ubiquitous phyla of soil bacteria.
- Adeniyi Coker, Theatre/Performing Arts, awarded $12,500 for the project ZENZI the Musical Drama.
- John Dalton, English, awarded $5,415 for the project The Quite Girl: A Novel.
- Nathan Muchhala, Biology, awarded $9,174 for the project Is speciation faster in the tropics? Effects of seasonality and mutualists on plant genetic structure.
- Wendy Olivas, Biology, awarded $12,500 for the project Global Analysis of Translation Regulation by Puf Proteins.
- George Taylor, Psychology, awarded $7,198 for the project Prior Depression, Stroke and Kappa Opioids.
- Teresa Thiel, Biology, awarded $12,500 for the project Renewal hydrogen production in Anabaena using a hydrogenase from Clostridium.
Total funded: $93,537