About the ORA
Vice Provost for Research
Proposals, Grants, and Contracts
Submitting a Proposal
Internal Funding Opportunities
For UMSL Inventors
National Academy of Inventors
Animal Subjects (IACUC)
Conflict of Interest
Human Subjects (IRB)
Proposals, Grants and Contracts
Animal Welfare Unit
Resources and Reports
Proposal Development Resources
University of Missouri-St. Louis Research Awards, March 2016 competition
- James Bashkin, Chemistry and Biochemistry, awarded $12,500 for the project Biological Activity of Cancer-Prevention Candidates for Women's Health.
- Maryann Bozzette, Nursing, awarded $9,261 for the project Transitioning Premature Infants to Direct Exclusive Breastfeeding.
- Lon Chubiz, Biology, awarded $12,489 for the project Genomic exploration of Acidobacteria, a ubiquitous phyla of soil bacteria.
- Adeniyi Coker, Theatre/Performing Arts, awarded $12,500 for the project ZENZI the Musical Drama.
- John Dalton, English, awarded $5,415 for the project The Quite Girl: A Novel.
- Nathan Muchhala, Biology, awarded $9,174 for the project Is speciation faster in the tropics? Effects of seasonality and mutualists on plant genetic structure.
- Wendy Olivas, Biology, awarded $12,500 for the project Global Analysis of Translation Regulation by Puf Proteins.
- George Taylor, Psychology, awarded $7,198 for the project Prior Depression, Stroke and Kappa Opioids.
- Teresa Thiel, Biology, awarded $12,500 for the project Renewal hydrogen production in Anabaena using a hydrogenase from Clostridium.
Total funded: $93,537