Women's Empowerment Network (W.E.N.) provides comprehensive support to undergraduate women at UMSL in an effort to positively impact personal growth, academic success, retention and develop successful leaders of tomorrow, today.
W.E.N. strives to cultivate strong relationships amongst women to empower, support, guide and build strong collaborative relationships in an effort to build community. Programs are uniquely designed to address personal, social, academic, cultural and professional skills that will ultimately lead to lifelong success.
W.E.N. participants will achieve academic excellence, graduate from college and be empowered to become successful leaders and role models in their respective careers and communities. W.E.N. participants will be actively engaged on campus and in the external community to encourage the success of women.
- Increase confidence, self-advocacy and personal success
- Increase the retention and degree completion among participants
- Foster a sense of community and cultural awareness among participants
- Support and challenge women in their pursuit of exceptional academic achievement
- Develop an increased awareness surrounding personal growth, business acumen and professional networking