Environmental Health and Safety
If you or someone else needs emergency medical assistance,
- Dial UMSL Police at 5155.
- Be prepared to give the dispatcher your name, callback number, location and nature of your emergency, and any other relevant information.
- Comfort the victim until emergency service arrives.
- Render first-aid or CPR only if you have been trained.
- Direct emergency responsers to the scene. Have someone stand outside the building to flag down the ambulance when it reaches the vicinity, if warranted.
- Complete and submit a UM-3C Report of Injury (Occupational) Form to Human Resources documenting the injury or illness as soon as possible.
- If you are exposed to another person’s blood or other fluids, wash the exposed area and contact your supervisor or the Environmental Health and Safety Department at 6363.