Emergency Planning and Preparedness
An Important Note: If you call 911 from any pay or cellular telephone on campus, your call will be directed to St. Louis County Police Communications. Be sure to tell the dispatcher you are on the UMSL campus to ensure UMSL police can promptly respond to you emergency.
- University Police Emergency - 911
- University Police - 314-516-5155
- Escort Services - 314-516-5155
- Emergency Vehicle Services - 314-516-5155
- Rape Hotline - 314-531-2003
- Victim Service Division - 314-615-4872
- Alcoholism & Drug Abuse - 314-962-3456
- Suicide Hotline - 314-469-6644
- Women's Center - 314-516-5291
- Counseling Service - 314-516-5711
- Saint Louis County Prosecuting Attorney - 314-615-2600
- Saint Louis City Circuit Attorney - 314-622-4941
- Aid for Crime Victims - 314-652-3623
- American Red Cross - 314-658-2000
- University Health Services - 314-516-5671
- Office of Equal Opportunity - 314-516-5695
- St. Louis County Police Department - 314-889-2341
Escort Service: If you do not feel comfortable walking to a parking lot, bus stop, Metrolink stop, or anywhere else on campus, contact the Police Department at 516-5155 for an escort.
Environmental Health and Safety supports campus-wide integrated contingency planning and business continuity planning in accordance with Federal National Incident Management System requirements. This plan will involve the cooperation of all campus departments as well as local fire departments, and many other public agencies. Certain elements of the University Emergency Preparedness Plan are indexed on our Integrated Contingency Planning website
UM-System Records Management will assist campus units in preparing a Disaster Recovery Plan for critical documents.