- MyDegree takes the "guesswork" out of selecting courses for future enrollment.
- The report shows what requirements are completed and what courses still need
to be taken.
- MyDegree shows where transfer work will apply toward your degree requirements.
- MyDegree uses the on-line student record for information, therefore the report
- MyDegree suggests courses from which to choose.
- MyDegree calculates the GPA for various areas such as the major or degree hours.
Does MyDegree Replace Advising?
No. MyDegree is a tool to assist in the advising process. It is meant to help advisors and students in the process of course selection and academic program planning. It reduces the mechanical record-keeping tasks and gives advisors more time to interact with students, concentrating on academic and career counseling.
Advisors will help resolve any problem areas. Also, some academic majors require choosing a series of courses in consultation or with the approval of the advisor.
MyDegree does NOT replace advising - it just helps make it an easier and more meaningful interaction.