DARS - Degree Audit Reporting System
How Can DARS Help You?
By summarizing courses you should choose from to complete your degree requirements, DARS ensures that you stay on track and not take unnecessary courses. If you are thinking about changing majors, a DARS report can be produced that shows you exactly how coursework already completed applies toward another major.
- DARS takes the "guesswork" out of selecting courses for future enrollment.
- The report shows what requirements are completed and what courses still need
to be taken.
- DARS shows where transfer work will apply toward your degree requirements.
- DARS uses the on-line student record for information, therefore the report
- DARS suggests courses from which to choose.
- DARS calculates the GPA for various areas such as the major or degree hours.
Does DARS Replace Advising?
No. DARS is a tool to assist in the advising process. It is meant to help advisors and students in the process of course selection and academic program planning. It reduces the mechanical record-keeping tasks and gives advisors more time to interact with students, concentrating on academic and career counseling.
Advisors will help resolve any problem areas. Also, some academic majors require choosing a series of courses in consultation or with the approval of the advisor.
DARS does NOT replace advising - it just helps make it an easier and more meaningful interaction.