Resume & Letters
- Resume Guidelines
- Resume Samples
- How to Build your Resume from your Part-Time Job Experience
- Applicant Tracking System Resume Tips
- Action Verbs
- Transferable Skills
- Veterans: Tips to De-Militarize Experience
- Cover Letter Guidelines
- Sample Cover Letter
- Thank You Letter Guidelines
- Thank You Letter Sample
- Interviewing Tips-Before, During & After
- Interviewing Tips-Answering Questions
- Interviewing Tips-Behavioral Interviewing
- Professional Dress: Hints for a work-appropriate wardrobe.
- Career Development Checklist: Understand the career you want and the steps to make it happen while you complete your degree at UMSL.
- Career Assesment Options
- What Can I do with This Major? Connect majors to careers.
- Informational Interviewing: Discover how to talk to those employed in careers of interest to gain a “real-world” view of the world of work.
- UMSL Degree Programs
- O*NET: Interactive site for exploring occupational information.
- Goinglobal: Professional advice and employment information for over 28 countries and 40 US cities.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: Profiles hundreds of occupations, including education and skill requirements, salary information, and job outlook projections.
- MERIC: Missouri Economic Research & Information Center, the research division for the Missouri Department of Economic Development, provides a data driven site on Missouri economic indicators, industry studies, occupation studies, regional information and community issues.
- MERIC Occupation Studies: Gain access to Missouri occupational data, career resources, target industry real time briefs and workforce studies
- Salary Calculator: Detailed compensation guidance offered by the National Association of Colleges and Employers.
Career Services posts off-campus internship and employment opportunities for students and alumni, as well as on-campus student employment opportunities. Click on the links below to get started!
Internship & Employment Opportunities
On-Campus Student Employment