Introducing our premier offering of Project Management Professional (PMP®) Educational Training and Exam Preparation as a FIVE-DAY intensive course—PMP® EXAM PREP E-X-P-R-E-S-S
Available for in-house delivery at your business for 12 or more participants.
Welcome aboard the PMP® EXAM PREP E-X-P-R-E-S-S
…a vehicle for getting serious about your project management career! In this engaging workshop, a PMP-certified instructor will lead you through the best practice tools and techniques of managing projects found in the the Project Management Institute in the 4th edition of the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK) Guide. Using team-based case study scenarios, hands-on exercises, and games, you will actively practice applying the project management process groups of Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring and Controlling, and Closing your project.
As you experience the practical applications of project management through your case study, you will also be preparing to take your PMP® exam. Your instructor will guide you through PMI’s nine Knowledge Areas, assist you in finding a personal testing strategy, and guide you in developing an individual action plan leading up to your testing date.
On the PMP® EXAM PREP E-X-P-R-E-S-S, you are in very credible hands. The PMP® EXAM PREP E-X-P-R-E-S-S instructors at UMSL have successfully prepared hundreds of project managers like you from all over the world to successfully manage projects and to sit for the PMP® exam. So, all aboard!
- 5 days of dynamic and hands-on instructor led training
- 8:00 AM–5:00 PM
- 35 PDUs
- Each participant receives a 3-ring binder of course materials and a PMBoK Guide, 4th edition
- Lunch vouchers, morning continental breakfast and afternoon snack provided each day with course fee
- Use PMI-endorsed project management terminology and processes
- Initiate a project and create a project charter
- Create a project scope document
- Decompose a project using a Work Breakdown Structure
- Develop effort, cost and duration estimates
- Plan for and manage project resources and staff
- Create and manage budgets and spend plans
- Plan for, monitor and control project quality, change, and communication
- Analyze, plan for, and control project risks using risk response strategies
- Plan for and manage procured and contracted resources
- Ensure smooth project execution
- Identify causes of variance using Earned Value Analysis and take corrective action as needed
- Close the project and position for future success
- Understand and act according to professional and social responsibility
Upon successful completion of the workshop, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for the PMP® Exam Prep Express from UMSL and 35 PDUs. This certificate and the 35 PDUs, along with your own qualifying hours of project management experience will enable you to apply for the PMP exam.
Just bring your own qualifying hours of project management experience, an open mind and a willingness to learn!
We strongly urge PMP® credential applicants to read the Project Management Professional (PMP®) Credential Handbook found on the PMI® website:
PMBOK, PMP and PMI are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Fees & Registration
NOTE: For those who qualify as WorkForce or DESE participants, please call (314) 516-5971 to register for the course and assistance in processing the paperwork.
The fee includes all the materials, including the NEW 4th Edition of the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK)Guide, course material in a 3-ring binder as well as a continental breakfast and lunch.
You have four ways to register. Choose the one that's most convenient for you.
- Online: Register online using a Visa, MasterCard, or Discover credit card
- Fax: Complete a PMP Registration Form and fax to (314) 516-6414.
- Mail: Complete a PMP Registration Form and mail to the address indicated.
- Call: (314) 516-5971 or TDD (314) 516-5961.
Make checks payable to the University of Missouri–St. Louis.