To apply, an applicant must be a candidate for a doctoral degree and enrolled in an APA-accredited clinical or counseling doctoral program. Applicants are expected to have completed relevant practicum experience in clinical settings and to have completed a minimum of five comprehensive psychological assessments integrating both cognitive and personality measures. Variety of experience with diverse populations is highly desirable.
Formal application materials must be received by November 15, to be considered for the following internship year. St. Louis Psychology Internship Consortium participates in the APPIC Match Program and abides by APPIC Guidelines in intern recruitment and selection. Applications must include the following materials:
- Completed APPIC Application for Psychology Internship www.appic.org/;
- A Curriculum Vitae
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official graduate transcripts from all graduate schools attended
- A cover letter describing your clinical interests and your fit with our program
- Two samples of your written professional work. One should be a psychological evaluation; the other should be a therapy conceptualization and summary for a course of treatment.
By December 15, all applicants will be notified by the Training Director whether they have been selected for an interview.
Completed application materials should be addressed to:
Deana L. Smith, Ph.D.
Director of Training
St. Louis Psychology Internship Consortium
c/o Psychology Department, 325 Stadler Hall
University of Missouri - St. Louis
One University Boulevard
Saint Louis, MO 63121