Natural Bridge Homes
Villa Hall North
Living and Learning Communities
Living on Campus
Health and Safety Concerns
Moving In or Out
Contract Renewal Process for Fall
Benefits of Living On Campus
Resources for Parents
Maintenance and Custodial Services
Maintenance and Facilities Staff
Submit a Maintenance Request
Mission and History
Central Office Staff
Oak Hall and Villa Hall Residential Advisors and Peer Mentors
Oak Hall Front Desk Staff
Mansion Hill Staff
Auxiliary Staff Members
Conference and Event Services
Room assignments will be available through MyHousing beginning January 1. Housing assignments are made after January 1 to prevent a financial hold on student accounts. Once housing assignments are made in our system, student accounts are automatically billed for the full room and board charge. Financial Aid then makes a disbursement up to 10 days prior to the start of class.
Move In Dates
- ALL Residents (including National Student Exchange and International Students): Friday, January 17th 2014, from noon-6pm
- After hours: if you can't make it by 5:30 PM, just text your cell phone number to the RA on call at 314-245-1455
Before You Can Move In
You will need to:
1) Electronically check in "e-check in" prior to arrival. Follow these directions. 1) Log into www.myview.umsl.edu with your SSO ID and password.
2) Click on "Self Service" on the left navigation bar
3) Click on "Residential Life"
4) Click on "My Check In Verification" to complete the e-check in process. If it will not allow you to complete the e-check in process, this means you are missing some important information. If you have questions or issues please call 314-516-4389.
5) This is also where the student can view their room assignment, roommates names, meal plan selections, and much more.
Submit or bring the appropriate forms. Call Health Services at 314-516-5671 to obtain the Meningococcal Vaccination.
Have your student ID at check-in. New UMSL students should have their ID card made several days prior to check-in to ensure the reader system accepts their new card.
Plan ahead and check out what you can and cannot bring to the halls.
Procedure for Check-In on Move-In Day (January 17, 2014)
- All check-ins begin in the Oak Hall Front Desk. Leave your luggage, etc. in the car, but bring your paperwork and student ID.
- Lot JJ or guest parking outside of the Provincial House is the only suitable parking place.
- Check-in with the main desk and speak to a staff member to make sure all of your paperwork is in order.
- Sign for your room keys.
- Have your student ID encoded for your room and building.
- Pick up your welcome bag, sign up for your loft, etc.
- Head to your new room.
- Complete a room inventory, sign it and return it to a staff member.
- Move in!
Temporary Housing may be available for international students and exchange students who are arriving to St. Louis earlier than the January 17th move in date. Residential Life and Housing cannot guarantee your room will be available until January 17th. All students arriving early must fill out a temporary housing request form. All students arriving early will pay a $25/night temporary housing fee as your contract does not begin until January 17th.