Natural Bridge Homes
Villa Hall North
Living and Learning Communities
Living on Campus
Health and Safety Concerns
Moving In or Out
Contract Renewal Process for Fall
Benefits of Living On Campus
Resources for Parents
Maintenance and Custodial Services
Maintenance and Facilities Staff
Submit a Maintenance Request
Mission and History
Central Office Staff
Oak Hall and Villa Hall Residential Advisors and Peer Mentors
Oak Hall Front Desk Staff
Mansion Hill Staff
Auxiliary Staff Members
Conference and Event Services
It's great to have you in the residence halls. We hope this guide will assist you in your transition to your new "hall home".
Please review our Move-In Checklist for a handy guide to what you can and cannot bring to the Halls.
- Sheets, pillowcases and blankets (your mattress size will be XL Twin)
- Bath linens (towels, wash clothes)
- Waste basket
- Laundry supplies (detergent, bleach, basket, or bag)
- General cleaning supplies
- Quarters for laundry
- Coat/clothing hangers
- Alarm clock
- Mending/sewing kit
Feel Free to Bring:
- Ethernet card
- Land line phone
- VCR and/or DVD player
- Message/memo board (avoid ones with foam tape, please)
- Ironing board & iron (automatic shut-off preferred)
- Food utensils (pots, pans, plates, flatware, etc.)
- One extra lamp (no halogen)
- Camera and/or camcorder
Please Do Not Bring:
- Fridges (because we provide them)
- Halogen lamps
- Microwaves (because we provide them)
- Space heaters
- Hot plates
- Toaster ovens
- Extension cords (power strips are okay)
- Anything with open flame or a heating element
If you have any questions regarding what you can and cannot bring, please call 314-516-6877
Each residence hall room is thoroughly inventoried prior to your arrival. You will be able to review this inventory when you check in the halls. Any alterations, changes, and/or damages to the room found after the original inventory is signed may be billable to the resident's UMSL account. It is important to remember:
- Wallpaper, bordering, stencils, painting, and/or stickers or other additions are not permitted.
- Residents cannot paint their rooms.
- Tension rods (shower rods) are a safe way to add curtains.
On DOORS: Only one line of adhesive and/or hooks are acceptable for use on doors in the residence halls. 3M manufactures a line of plastic hooks designed to minimize or eliminate wall damage. The product line is COMMAND. The hooks are reusable. Use of any other adhesive or hook product will likely result in a damage assessment.
On WALLS: For posters without frames, use pushpins. For framed art, use small nails. Small hanging nails can be used to hang other items on your room's walls. You can have a maximum of eight nail holes in your wall before being assessed an excessive wall repair fee.
These Items Will Damage Rooms and are Prohibited:
- Foam tape
- Scotch tape
- Electrical tape
- Glow-in-the-dark stickers
- Plastic hooks with adhesive backing
- Anything that will put a hole or tear in a surface
Other Important Considerations:
Smoking is not allowed inside the buildings or on any university property. For more about the university's policy, click here.
No pets except fish in tanks no larger than five gallons. No mice, rats, snakes, lizards, hamsters, gerbils, birds, or other species that might be kept in such an enclosure.
Students aged 21 and older are permitted to have alcohol within their own rooms. For more specific information, please see the current community guide. Violations of the alcohol and other drug policies may result in expulsion from the residential halls.
Limited parking is near each hall. All vehicles must display a valid UMSL parking permit. The free campus shuttle serves all halls.