Residential Life and Housing
UMSL provides a limited number of housing scholarships for first time freshmen with an ACT score of 24 or higher who are living in Oak Hall. If you qualify, the offer will automatically be in your financial aid package. Please note that the following scholarships provided by UMSL require scholarship recipients to live in Oak Hall. Housing scholarships are not transferable to any other housing property.
The Office of Residential Life and Housing is pleased to offer a $1,000 per nine-month academic year ($500 per semester) scholarship to returning or new residents of Oak Hall only. Residential life scholarships cannot be compounded and only one residential life scholarship will be awarded per student. The highest awarded amount will apply. Students will be notified via UMSL email if they are awarded any scholarships.
Residential Life Scholarship Criteria:
- Student must be an on campus resident or applicant for the University
- Student must have a cumulative GPA or a high school cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Student must demonstrate involvement or leadership in the campus community (through non-paid positions)
- Student must be enrolled full-time at UMSL in each the fall and spring semesters.
- Student must have Residential Life application on file.
- Scholarship awarding is contingent upon signing and fulfilling a 9 month contract.
- Students will not be considered for or awarded this scholarship without a completed 9-month housing contract.
- This is an non-renewable scholarship, but students may reapply each year
- All applications are due by or be posted marked no later than July 1.
Application Instructions and Process
Applications for the Residential Life scholarship are mailed out with their housing contract packet to qualifying applicants. This application will not be available online.
- Return the form and attached essay to the main office (forms must be received or postmarked by July 1st).
- Residential Life Scholarships
Provincial House N104
1 University Blvd
St. Louis, MO 63121
- Fax: 314-516-6878 (Attention: Scholarship Committee)
- Call with Questions: 314-516-4389
- Award notifications will be emailed out via UMSL email in August.
Students are also Encouraged to: