The Baldini Family Scholarship:
For UMSL students pursuing teacher certification for a career in foreign language teaching.
● Applicants must be currently enrolled at the University of Missouri St. Louis in the Teacher Education Program in the College of Education or the post-baccalaureate education certificate program in preparation for careers as foreign language teachers.
● Applicants shall have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in their foreign language classes.
● Candidates will be selected based on merit. If all criteria are equal, preference shall be given to students who demonstrate financial need as identified by the Office of Student Financial Aid.
● This $1,000 scholarship is to be applied for educational fees at UMSL. It may be used to support students while studying abroad at a UMSL approved study abroad program. Scholarship recipients are eligible for renewal of the award provided they maintain the minimum cumulative grade point average.
● To apply, submit a letter of application that describes how this scholarship will benefit your career as a foreign language teacher. List the name of one faculty member (in teacher certification or your area of language study) as a reference, and enclose a copy of your transcripts.
● The application deadline has been extended to April 12, 2013.
Send letter of application and transcript to:
Director of Language Programs
Anthropology, Sociology and Languages
University of Missouri-St. Louis
One University Blvd., 554 Clark Hall
St. Louis, MO 63121