|Decision Support Systems|
Events, Discussions, and
You should go, but it doesn't count as a networking event.
- Immigration to the U.S.
- A Comprehensive Guide to the Grammar of Graphics for Effective Visualization of Multi-dimensional Data
- The Art of Effective Visualization of Multi-dimensional Data
- Graphs by MIT Students Show the Enormously Intrusive Nature of Metadata
- Enron Offers an Unlikely Boost to E-Mail Surveillance
- Universities Rush to Roll out Computer Science Ethics Courses
- What is Data Governance
- The Data Governance Institute
- Governance Cartoons
- Assigning Data Ownership
- Why Do We Need Data Governance?
- Trends in Data Governance
- Dan Gilbert: Why we make bad decisions
- Sheena Iyengar: How to make choosing easier
- Are we in control of our own decisions?
- The Moral Roots of Liberals and Conservatives
- Perception issues: what color is this dress?
- More about it
- Attention to details
Perception issues: what color is this dress?
DSS and Humans: Issues for Decision Making
- Confidence Games: Why People Donít Trust Machines to Be Right
- Charles Barkley Comments on Role of Advanced Statistics, Analytics in NBA
The Joy of Statistics
- The best stats you've ever seen
- Global population growth, box by box
- How not to be ignorant about the world
Approved paper topics.
- Big Data
- Business Intelligence Use in a particular industry
- Analytics Maturity
- Data Warehousing
- Data Mining
- Data Governance
- Comparison of BI Tools
- Intelligence in BI Tools
- Data Visualization
- Metaphors in BI
- Human-Computer Interaction Systems
- Transnational Application Issues
- Evaluation of BI Tools
Each student must select a topic from the above list and have it approved. Other topics must be approved by speaking to Dr. Sauter.
- Mike Trick's OR Blog
- Punk Rock Operations Research
- Business Intelligence -- Oracle
on Business Intelligence
| UM-St. Louis
Business Page | IS
Home Page | DSS
Home Page |
Page Owner: Professor
© Vicki L. Sauter. All rights reserved.