|Decision Support Systems|
Events, Discussions, and
- Google Charts
From TEDx Gateway Arch: Andrew Winship of Juristat (more about Andrew Winship)
The Tableau Tutorial and Sample Data.
The midterm is available; the data noted in Question 2 is also available. The graphs are now all viewable.
We have not talked about tools, but here is Gartner's view of the Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence and Analytics Platforms
Supporting novice decision makers: Count Bayesie
- The Beauty of Data Visualization
- Making Data More Human
- The Sixth Sense (and maybe the future is here ... Watch this!
- Visual Design Aids and Understanding of Cancer Data
- Dr. Campbell's talk on visualization
- More about graphics
- Perception issues: what color is this dress? More about the dress.
Problems with user interfaces
- Emotional Design Fail: My Nest Thermostat
- Apple's New Diverse Emoji Characters
DSS and Humans: Who Makes the Decisions?
- At UPS the Algorithm Is the Driver
- Confidence Games: Why People Donít Trust Machines to Be Right
- Charles Barkley Comments on Role of Advanced Statistics, Analytics in NBA
The Moral Roots of Liberals and Conservatives
These Diagrams Reveal How To Negotiate With People Around The World and The Lewis Model Explains Every Culture In The World
The top 3 directions predictive analytics will take in 2015
Big Data Knows When You're Going to Quit Your Job Before You Do
Evening class groups
Anna O Shea-Newton
Our audio clip
The Moral Hazard of Big Data
- Dan Gilbert: Why we make bad decisions
- Sheena Iyengar: How to make choosing easier
- Are we in control of our own decisions?
Graphs by MIT Students Show the Enormously Intrusive Nature of Metadata
History of BI.
The Queen of Code.
Why You Decide the Way You Do
Graduate Students: Approved paper topics.
Each student must select a topic from the above list and have it approved. Other topics must be approved asap.
- Big Data
- Business Intelligence Use in a particular industry
- Analytics Maturity
- Data Warehousing
- Data Mining
- Comparison of BI Tools
- Intelligence in BI Tools
- Data Visualization
- Metaphors in BI
- Human-Computer Interaction Systems
- Transnational Application Issues
- Evaluation of BI Tools
A new way to visualize weather data
The Joy of Statistics
Big Data: Lessons From Earlier Revolutions
- Mike Trick's OR Blog
- Punk Rock Operations Research
- Business Intelligence -- Oracle
on Business Intelligence
| UM-St. Louis
Business Page | IS
Home Page | DSS
Home Page |
Page Owner: Professor
© Vicki L. Sauter. All rights reserved.