A Practicum Agency Affiliation Agreement form is required by the University to establish an affiliation with agencies to serve as a practicum site for UMSL Social Work students.The completed form may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org as an email attachment on or before the student's practicum start date. The agreement remains in effect for as long as the agency is willing to participate as a practicum site.
In addition, both field instructors and agencies hosting students must complete applications to ensure compliance with School of Social Work criteria.
First Time Applications
Note: Please allow enough time to complete the account set-up and application in one sitting. It usually takes about 20 minutes. Once begun, the account application must be submitted within 24 hours.
1. Open the Application page.
2. Select "Create an account," then fill out and submit the form. An account validation email will be sent to your email address.
3. Retrieve the validation email from your inbox (check spam folders, too).
4. Login with the email ID and password you just created.
5. Complete the Field Instructor and/or Agency Application and submit.
Agency and Field Instructor applications must be renewed every three years. The application process is similar to that of a new application, but a new account only needs to be created if the email address being used for the application has changed. If that is the case, follow the instructions above. If not, simply log in with your email address and follow the instructions to renew the associated applications.
If you have any questions or have difficulty with the application process, please contact the Field Education Office at (314) 516-7665.
BECOMING A CERTIFIED FIELD INSTRUCTOR
In addition to completing the application (outlined above), new field instructors must complete the following Sessions of the St Louis Field Education Collaborative Certification Program prior to or concurrently with instruction of the first student:
- Session 1: Introduction to Field Instruction
- Session 2: Successful Beginnings
Field Instructors are asked to complete the four subsequent 3-hour training sessions over a two-year period. Topics of these remaining sessions include:
- Session 3: Ethical Decision Making
- Session 4: Cultural Competence/Humility in Supervision
- Session 5: The Field Instructor as Teacher, Mentor, and Supervisor
- Session 6: Racial Equity in Field Education
See the Collaborative website for more information on these certification sessions.