The UMSL School of Social Work is committed to providing our alumni, community partners, and interested professionals with low-cost, high-quality continuing education (CE) opportunities. Our CE program addresses timely issues, relevant topics, and social work fundamentals.
To learn more about licensing for social workers, see the section below.
- Beginning the Licensure Process
- Committee Licensee Search
- Continuing Education
- Fingerprinting/Background Check Instructions
- Restoration of License
- Supervision Information
PASSING THE LMSW
- Don’t leave any questions blank.
- Do not “fight” the exam
- Read entire question
- Talk to self
- Stay with the material in question
- Look for qualifiers (such as BEST, FIRST etc.
- Do not study from sample questions
STUDY FOR MAJOR TOPICS
- Important People
- Important Theories
- Group Therapy
- Family Therapy
- General Terms
- Best Practice/Treatment Ideas
- Agency/Supervision Work
- Growth & Development
Social Work Events
Earn contact hours towards licensure by participating in select UMSL School of Social Work sponsored events.
Our BSW and MSW programs are both fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.