About the College
News and Events
Message from the Dean
Our Faculty and Staff
Pre-Licensure BSN Programs
RN to BSN Program
Post Graduate Certificate Program
DNP Preceptor Modules
Student Nursing Organizations
UMSL BJC Summer Nurse Externship
Nurse Externship Program Information
Frequently Asked Questions
Alumni and Friends
Nursing Learning Resource and Simulation Center Campaign
2021 UMSL/BJC Summer Nurse Externship Program
The application deadline for the 2021 UMSL/BJC Nurse Externship Program is January 25, 2021. A complete application includes all the items listed below.
- Completed 2021 Nurse Externship Program application form. The application must be typed.
- Letter of interest (in essay format, no longer than two single-spaced pages). Please address the following:
- Why you are interested in the Nurse Externship Program
- What you expect to gain from your experience as a nurse extern
- Skills, abilities, and personal characteristics that qualify you for the extern program
- Your future career and educational aspirations
- Copy of current college transcript. This does not have to be an official transcript. However, it must include all grades for each course and your cumulative GPA. If you would like to submit a transcript inclusive of your Fall 2020 grades, do not submit the applications until your Fall grades 2020 are listed on the transcript.
- Resume (no more than 2 pages in length).
- 2 letters of recommendation using the required form.
Items 1-4 must be submitted through the 2021 UMSL/BJC NEP Application Submission Form found at this link or at bit.ly/2021NEP.
Item 5 (recommendation letters) must be sent directly to the Nurse Externship Program from faculty/clinical instructors via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
**Incomplete applications or applications submitted after January 25, 2021 will not be considered.**