Applicants interested in applying to the University of Missouri-St. Louis College of Nursing DNP Program must complete the following steps:
- Apply to the University of Missouri-St. Louis by completing the UMSL Graduate Application (please note, there is a $50.00, non-refundable application fee). You will be asked to submit the following through the UMSL Graduate Admissions Application Portal:
- An essay, which should respond to the following attributes:
- Introduction: Include professional background, but not personal identifiers such as name, place of employment, etc. Include your population track of interest (i.e. leadership, FNP, AGNP, etc.), and please explain why you are interested in that track as a DNP. Introduction should be 250-400 words max.
- Learning: Describe how you think about and pursue learning in your profession. This section should be 250 words max.
- Diversity: Diversity Awareness is a set of conscious practices that involves recognizing and demonstrating acceptance and understanding different perspectives, which are different from yours. These can be socioeconomic backgrounds, race, genders, substance abuse dependence, disabling mental health issues, sexual orientation in a safe, positive, and fostering way. Discuss a nursing practice experience that helped you understand the importance of diversity awareness in everyday nursing practice. This section should be 250-400 words max.
- Meaningfulness: Describe an activity that brings meaning to your life. This section should be 250-400 words max.
- Leadership: To write this section, open the link for the 2-page article on Implementation Science as a Leadership and DNP Competency. Write a 400-word max essay that discusses/defines what Implementation Science is and what it does. Include a short discussion of a specific example of how you might use implementation science as a DNP in your present organization.
- Final summary: Please include a final conclusion to your essay.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who can attest to the applicant’s likely success in the DNP program
- Current CV/Resume
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities
- Complete the College of Nursing DNP Supplemental Application
Please visit our online application site for detailed information about submitting the above-listed materials.