About the College
Message from the Dean
Our Faculty and Staff
News and Events
Scholarships and Awards
Pre-Licensure BSN Programs
Guaranteed Admission: Traditional Full-Time Option
RN to BSN Program
Post Graduate Certificate Program
DNP Preceptor Modules
UMSL BJC Summer Nurse Externship
Nurse Externship Program Information
Frequently Asked Questions
Nursing Learning Resource and Simulation Center Campaign
Alumni and Friends
We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."
Education has the power to transform a life. The impact of an education in nursing reaches far beyond the student to patients, their families and the entire community. Scholarships do more than help pay for education--they recognize and reward hard work and dedication. The Scholarship Campaign gives anyone the opportunity to provide for generations of students to learn, grow and achieve. It also provides the educated registered nurses so necessary to a healthy community.
The Legacy of Endowed Scholarships
Endowed Scholarships are designed to provide permanent awards in the name of an individual, company, organization or foundation. Donors may contribute to an existing scholarship fund or create an endowed scholarship in their name or as a memorial to a loved one. An endowment is permanent and is carefully invested to provide income for scholarships. The principal is never spent and so continues in perpetuity as a legacy and heritage for the future.
You may set guidelines for awarding your scholarship. For example, a minimum grade point average, undergraduate or graduate program, field of interest, financial need, or other criteria.
Types of Endowed Scholarship
- An immediate Gift with a Minimum of $30,000
- The scholarship will be awarded in the year following the establishment of a gift from income realized on the investment.
- A Series of Specified Gifts Made Over a Period of Years
- The scholarship becomes endowed when the fund reaches $30,000. For example, $15,000 for two years, or $10,000 for three years.
- Help nursing students reach their educational goals
- Ease students' financial burdens
- Recognized academic excellence
- Establish a permanent tribute or memorial tax savings
- Support excellence in nursing education and provide qualified educated nurses for the future
- Increases ability to attract talented and deserving students
- Enhances mission of providing qualified healthcare professionals
There are several ways to give:
You may call the University Development Office at 314-516-6105 (office) or 314-322-8546 (cell) for more information, or send a check or credit card information (account number, expiration date and your signature) to:
University of Missouri-St. Louis
Attn: Katie Harder
1 University Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63121-4499
Please specify which scholarship or fund you would like to support.