Ask A Librarian
Ask A Librarian
I Need To ...
Using My Library Account
My Library Account
STL Area Libraries
Locate Journal Titles
Locate eBooks/Online Books
MERLIN / MOBIUS
Connecting to Library Resources
About the Libraries
Where is ...?
Location, Directions & Maps
Giving to the University Libraries
Hours - Test Page
Gifts to the Libraries
Circulation and Access
MERLIN & MOBIUS
Library Instruction Room
Finding Aids by Department or Campus Unit
St. Louis Mercantile Library
State Historical Society
The University Libraries appreciate and acknowledge the generosity of those who consider making a gift of books or other information resources that extend and complement existing collections.
Unfortunately, the high cost of storage and processing makes it impossible for the Libraries to accept all donations.
Gifts to the Mercantile Library at the University of Missouri-St. Louis are accepted and retained at the discretion of the Director of the Mercantile Library, John Hoover (314-516-7245, firstname.lastname@example.org).
For donations of art such as paintings, sculptures, etc., please contact Julie Dunn-Morton (314-516-6740, email@example.com).
All other gifts to the University Libraries are accepted and retained at the discretion of the Head of Collection Development & Acquisitions (Tim Nelson, 314-516-5080, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Libraries are under no obligation to accept or acknowledge gifts which are not prearranged.
- All gifts accepted are done so without restriction on their use or disposition.
- Gift materials with suspected copyright violation will be researched and, if need be, disposed of properly.
- All gifts will be acknowledged in writing, which will include the date of the receipt and a brief description.
- It is the responsibility of the donor to secure appropriate advice from a tax consultant regarding current IRS regulations for charitable gifts to nonprofit organizations. The establishment of the gift's value for tax purposes is the responsibility of the donor. IRS regulations prohibit the Libraries from providing appraisals of gifts.
- If the donor expects to file an IRS Form 8283 for a gift valued at $5000 or more, an independent appraisal must be obtained and the Libraries must be notified before delivering your gift, as different procedures apply. The Libraries retain the right to decline the gift.