Scheduling an Appointment
The Testing Center is an appointment-based service. All testers are required to schedule appointments at least 24 hours in advance, present a photo ID upon arrival, and complete their exam by closing time. Walk-ins are not permitted.
Schedule a SmarterProctoring in-person exam
Schedule an exam that does NOT use SmarterProctoring
Testing Center Rules
- All test-takers must present physical photo identification such as student ID, non-expired driver's license, passport, military, or other government-issued photo ID card.
- An appointment made at least 24 hours in advance is required. Walk-ins are not accepted. Failing to arrive thirty (30) minutes after a scheduled exam start time is considered a no-show and the appointment is forfeited.
- No personal items are allowed in the exam room, including but not limited to cell phones, smartwatches, laptops, personal electronics, food and drink items, bags, purses, outerwear, and any non-test-related items. Lockers are available to store personal items. ExamSoft-enabled laptops are permitted and are the only exception to this policy.
- No children or visitors are allowed in the exam room. Children may not be left unattended. View campus policy
- Face coverings are recommended, but not required. View UMSL covid website
- Exams must be submitted by the posted closing time. Students are solely responsible for scheduling appointments appropriately to receive the maximum time available for testing.
- Please be respectful of other test-takers and keep noise to a minimum to avoid disturbing others. Loud, disruptive, aggressive, or intimidating behavior is not allowed. We have a zero-tolerance policy and all violations will be reported to UMSL Student Conduct or Campus Police.
- Testing areas are under visual, remote, and video surveillance. Accessing any devices or unauthorized aids will result in dismissal from the Testing Center. All violations and suspected violations are reported to the course instructor and the Director of Student Conduct and Academic Integrity.
- Test site administrative fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
Updated March 8, 2023