Math Placement Test
About the ALEKS Assessment
Interpreting Your Results
Mathematics Course Prerequisite Information
The Proctored ALEKS Exam
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to take the ALEKS assessment if...
After the ALEKS Assessment
Testing Center Faculty Resources
Policies for Taking Exams
Students can take the Proctored ALEKS Exam in order to demonstrate math proficiency. In particular, students who wish to place directly into Math 1800 are required to pass the Proctored ALEKS Exam.
About the Proctored ALEKS Exam:
- To register online to take the exam, contact The Campus Testing Center. (Advance registration is required; walk-ins will be accommodated if space is available.)
- The fee for the Proctored ALEKS Exam is $60.
- Students may take the Proctored ALEKS Exam on campus at the following times:
- During the week prior to the start of classes each semester
- During the first week of classes each semester
- Alternate times by appointment
- Contact The Campus Testing Center for specific dates and times
- Students should consult with an academic adviser prior to registering for the Proctored ALEKS Exam.
- The Proctored ALEKS Exam is similar to the non-proctored ALEKS assessment (but not identical), and it is administered in a proctored setting. Students should take the non-proctored ALEKS assessment on their own before registering for a proctored exam, so that they have an idea of what to expect.
- Students who earn 66% or higher on the non-proctored ALEKS assessment would be good candidates for earning proficiency via the Proctored ALEKS Exam (a score of 61% on the Proctored ALEKS Exam will demonstrate proficiency for Math 1030, and 51% or higher will demonstrate proficiency for Math 1020, 1021, and 1025. Students seeking admission in Math 1800 must earn 76% in a proctored environment).
- Students will be allotted 2 hours to complete the Proctored ALEKS Exam; some of this time will be spent for administration of the exam, and logging into the computers.
- If you need accommodations because of a disability, please contact the Office of Disability Services.