Address:
202 N. Jefferson Avenue
2348 Pine St. (side)
Construction Date:
About 1874
Demolition:
July 6, 1959
Architect:
Unknown


THE PINE STREET HOTEL

From 1874 to 1903 this building was occupied by a Catholic day school, the Loretto Academy. The building became the Grand Central Hotel in 1904. In this capacity, it offered rooms to primarily African-American patrons. From 1952 until its closing in 1959, the hotel was known as the Pine Street Hotel.

In May of 1959, the Land Clearance Authority purchased this community landmark for demolition.