Prospective Student Veterans
Stories of Success
Military & Academic Credit
Financing Your Education
GI Bill Benefits
VA Certification Request
Student Veterans Association
The Department of Military and Veterans Studies
Green Zone Training
In the News
Do you qualify for in-state tuition?
- **New in 2017** All undergraduate students attending UMSL who are Illinois residents will pay in-state tuition rate. Click here for more information.
- GI Bill users who are non-residents - Click here to check qualifications for in-state tuition.
Financial Aid Options for Military-Connected Students
The details of your veteran education benefits and tuition assistance can be complex and confusing. We have provided some information below, but please feel free to contact the Veterans Center directly at 314-516-5705 to discuss your eligibility, how to utilize your benefits, and any limitations that may apply.
- GI Bill Benefits
- Missouri Returning Heroes Education Act – limits tuition cost to $50/per credit hour for any program leading towards a bachelor’s degree.
- Federal & State Tuition Assistance (Current servicemembers)
- UMSL Active Duty Scholarship for servicemembers (must be using Tuition Assistance)
- ROTC Scholarship
- UMSL General Scholarships – apply for many scholarships using one online application!
- Be sure to apply for the Howard Yasbin Veteran scholarship
- External Scholarships for veterans & their families
Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA)
We highly recommended that you fill out your Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) even if your GI Bill will cover 100% of tuition. You may be eligible for grants, scholarships, and/or loans to assist you with all your educational expenses. Apply for Federal Financial Aid here.
Not sure how to report your Veterans Education Benefits on your FAFSA? Click HERE for an informational guide.