The University of Missouri – St. Louis adheres to the Missouri Coordinating Board of Higher Education (CBHE) Articulation Agreement. This agreement among public institutions within the state of Missouri governs transfer of credit to UMSL from colleges and universities within the state of Missouri.
At UMSL, we offer students a three step appeals process:
- If a student is not satisfied with the decision regarding the awarding of transfer credit, he/she should contact the associate dean or dean of their respective academic unit. The student shall provide the following information:
- A statement detailing the rationale for the appeal
- A syllabus of the course for which the student would like credit
- A copy of the external credit evaluation form (if available)
- A copy of the written statement from the evaluation with the rationale behind the credit denial (email, memo, etc.)
Once reviewed, the student will be informed in writing of the appeal decision. If the student has not received a response from the campus, he/she can contact the associate dean or dean of the respective unit and/or the Student Advocate in the Office of Academic Affairs.
- If the resolution at Step 1 is not satisfactory, the student may appeal the process to the Provost in Academic Affairs which is the last step in the internal appeals process.
- If the resolution at Step 2 is not satisfactory, the student has the right to file an appeal with the Missouri CBHE Committee on Transfer and Articulation.