It is possible to directly copy course content, along with Grade Center settings, from one course to another. Many instructors teach multiple sections of the same course or teach the same course from semester to semester. In those cases, the ability to recycle course material is extremely valuable. The information below will help you to copy content from one course to another.
Copying a Course
- Navigate to the course you want to copy from in MyGateway.
- In the Control Panel, click Packages and Utilities.
- Click Course Copy.
- Select Copy Course Materials into an Existing Course from the drop-down list.
- Click Browse to find the course you want to copy into. A pop-up window will open showing the list of courses you have access to.
- Find the course you want to copy the material into, select the radio button next to that course and click Submit.
- Check the boxes of the content areas and tools you wish to copy into the new course.
- Click Submit. You will receive an email message from your MyGateway course indicating if the course Copy has been completed successfully or not. Once you receive this message, you should login to the new course and verify that the content and settings have been copied correctly. You can now modify your new course content just as you would any other MyGateway course.