Click on the links below to learn more about the academic supports available to UMSL students.
- Disability Access Services
Students who have a health condition or disability, which may require accommodations in order to participate effectively in this course, should contact the Disability Access Services Office. Information about your disability is confidential.
- International Student & Scholar Services
ISS works to successfully integrate international students into the UMSL community. ISS is responsible for international admissions, transcript evaluation, transfer credit, immigration advising, cultural adaptation assistance, and orientation for new international students.
- Student Enrichment and Achievement
SEA provides comprehensive support and intervention strategies that support your road to graduation!
- UMSL Counseling Services
Description: UMSL Counseling Services assists students with their personal and academic goals through free or low cost individual and group therapy, consultation, educational outreach programs, teaching and training. We are committed to tailoring our services to the needs of a culturally diverse campus population.
- Services available to UMSL students
Explore this network of support services to help you be successful in your UMSL courses. Through a variety of support programs and offices, you can access services that will help build the links to your success.
- The Online Mentor Program
Online Mentors are here to help you with the online learning environment. Our mission is to support online students to enhance their learning experience, develop strategies for academic success, and assist with course navigation.
- Math Academic Center
This lab in 222 SSB (North Campus) offers free individual assistance on a walk-in basis to students needing help with any mathematics from basic math through calculus or any course involving mathematical skills.
- Math Technology Learning Center
Located in 50 J.C. Penney Building, the Math Technology Learning Center [MTLC] is a facility for computer-based instruction in College Algebra.
- Multicultural Student Services (MSS)
MSS strives to create a strong inclusive community among students, faculty, and staff that personifies respect, accountability, and acceptance while supporting and empowering students to achieve degree completion.
- Science and Technology Academic Center
Free tutoring and academic support for Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Psychology; in Stadler 125. Consult the online schedule by clicking the link above.
- Writing Center
You are invited to visit the on-campus center (222 SSB, North Campus) or meet online live with a writing center consultant. The Writing Center also has organized a number of helpful guides and resources for students.
- Campus Testing
The Campus Testing Center provides testing by appointment for students to take make-up class exams or to test under conditions where special accommodations are needed and authorized. Students may also take campus level exams (e.g., Major Field Exam) outside the scheduled group sessions for a fee, as well as independent study course exams. It is a secure area, staffed with only professional, non-student staff.
- UMSL Libraries
If you need help doing research, visit the library in person or online via these links:
Revised October 2018
- Computing Lab Locations
Instructional Support Services ( firstname.lastname@example.org) provides real-time support to open student computing labs and classrooms. They also offer orientations, training, short courses and workshops on a variety of hardware and software topics.
- Information Technology Services Student Guide
The Center for Teaching and Learning provides Technology Guides for students. Each guide has helpful videos or documentation to assist with the educational technology tools used at UMSL Technology Support Center
- The Technology Support Center
The Technology Center can assist you with problems logging into your Canvas course site, your email account, wireless connections on campus, and more.
- Triton Apps - Accessing UMSL Software from Home
TritonApps is a remote service technology that enables us to provide some of our applications and software to students and faculty anytime, anywhere.
- UMSL Student Technology Guide
This guide maintained by Information Technology Services provides many supports to UMSL students:
- Student Accounts
- File Storage Options
- Protecting Your Computer
- Getting Connected on Campus
- Students with Disabilities
- Technology Purchases
- Using Computers on Campus
- Accessing Student Records
- Technology Support Center
- Frequently Asked Questions
Revised April 2018
List of accessibility and privacy policies of all required technology in the class:Canvas:
- Accessibility Statement: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-2061
- Accessibility Statement: https://support.google.com/accessibility#topic=9071908
- Accessibility Statement: https://www.iclicker.com/accessibility
- Accessibility Statement: https://corp.kaltura.com/sites/default/files/Datasheets/Kaltura%20Accessibility%20Datasheet.pdf
- Accessibility Statement: http://www.link-systems.com/accessibility
- Accessibility Statement: https://support.panopto.com/s/article/accessibility-features
- Accessibility Statement: http://turnitin.com/en_us/about-us/accessibility
- Accessibility Statement: https://voicethread.com/about/features/accessibility/
- Accessibility Statement: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/189278?hl=en
- Accessibility Statement: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/204119749-Accessibility-Statement