Learn state-of-the-art instructional practices that excite children and enable their acquiring skills and relationship building that help them realize their talents and potentialities in preparation for the global stage. Become an educator and shape tomorrow’s youth.
Those who have a bachelor’s degree in any area related to fitness, sport, physical activity, recreation and exercise may be eligible to earn Missouri Teacher Certification in physical education through Teach in 12.
Register for an upcoming Information Session.
- A passing score on the designated Missouri Content Examination
- A 2.75 or higher overall GPA
- Approved results of the Family Care Safety Registry
- A clear TB test or chest x-ray, if appropriate
- Students must meet the application deadlines set by the Graduate School
K-12 Physical Education Certification Courses
|PHY ED 6464||Analysis of teaching in physical education (on campus only)||3|
|TCH ED 5311||Foundations of Education (online)||2|
|TECH ED 5310||Instructional Design (online)||3|
|TCH ED 5000||Experiencing the Classroom1||1|
|ED PSY 6222||Advanced Studies in Child and Adolescent Development (online)||3|
|SPEC ED 6412||Psychology of Exceptional Children (online)||3|
|TCH ED 5001||Advanced Mid-Level Clinical Experience: Diverse Learners2||1|
|TCH ED 5312||Teaching Reading in the Content Areas (online)||3|
|HLTH PE 5989||Practicum I: Site-based Experiences in Physical Education||3|
|HLTH PE 5991||Advanced Methods and Curriculum Development of Teaching PE (on campus only)||4|
|HLTH PE 5992||Practicum I: Site-based Experiences in Physical Education||4|
|PHY ED 6462||The Physical Education Curriculum (on campus only)||3|
|1 Class meets 4-5 evenings with one full day in the classroom or 4-5 daytime sessions instructing high school students.
2 Class meets evenings and includes 20 hours of field experience with a community agency.
Missouri Educator Gateway Assessments
- 20 clock hours working in a community agency
- 2 site-based practicum courses immersed in a Studio School
- Practicum One: 1 day per week working as a Triton Teacher
- Practicum Two: 5 days per week working as a Triton Teacher
Unique Resources and Innovations
- Launch session to build community, provide early guidance, and share essential information
- Grand Seminars and Collaborative Exchanges throughout the practicum experiences
- Download Physical Education Infosheet (PDF)
Applicants for any post-baccalaureate certification program must already hold a bachelor’s degree with a minimum 2.75 cum GPA.
Any teacher candidate aspiring to enter the “Teach in 12” accelerated path must first pass the Missouri Content Assessment appropriate to her or his area of certification.