Browse for Organizations
Student Leader & Organization Resources
Interested in Being an Advisor?
Tips & Tricks to Renewing Your Organization
Resources & Forms
Student Activity Budget Committee
University Program Board
Fraternity & Sorority Life
How To Join
Prospective Member Resources
Current Member Resources
Community Conduct History
Report a Concern
Diversity & Cultural Programs
Women's Leadership Institute
Diversity & Cultural Student Organizations
History & Heritage Months
Policies And Procedures
Campus Pride Index
Student Resources & Support
LGBTQ+ Community Resources
LGBTQ+ Student Video & Title IX
LGBTQ+ History Month
Transgender Spectrum Conference
Service Based Student Orgs
MLK Day of Service
The Big Event!
For Non-Profit & Community Organizations
Campus Life Media Production
Art Request Best Practices
Digital Signage Request
The Student Activity Budget Committee (SABC) is intended to provide support for Recognized Student Organizations (RSO) at UMSL for opportunities to which they might not otherwise have access. SABC's purpose is to provide partial financial support to RSOs so they can host events, participate in professional and team development activities, and assist with common operating expenses associated with student organizations. While SABC provides this assistance to RSOs with their activities and expenses, student organizations are encouraged to seek other sources of support in order to be financially self-sufficient. RSOs should never rely solely on SABC funding to cover 100% of their expenses. The purpose of SABC funding is to support and encourage RSOs as they contribute to the student experience at UMSL.
For instructions on how to create a Budget Request start watching at 13:20.
For instructions on how to create a Purchase Request start watching at 16:31.
If your student organization was approved for funding from SABC, but a member of the organization purchased the approved items on their own, this information is for you! The person who made the purchase will need to digitally complete a Reimbursement/Voucher Form & a W-9 Form (download below). These completed forms will need to be combined with a digital copy of the receipt into one PDF. This PDF will then be attached to a Purchase Request in MyEngage.
- Reimbursement/Voucher Form: This form is used to reimburse student organization members when personal funds have been spent to purchase supplies for a budgeted organization event. *Note: the University's tax-exempt status cannot be used to purchase supplies. You will not be reimbursed for tax on any purchase*
- W-9 Form : This form is used alongside the Reimbursement/Voucher Form to provide proper payment information so the student organization member can be properly reimbursed.
A few reminders when it comes to being reimbursed:
- You will not be reimbursed on any taxes that were paid, nor can your student organization claim tax-exempt status on behalf of the University.
- Reimbursements take some time to be processed.
- Reimbursement paperwork should be submitted no less than 14 days following your event or the date the items were purchased.
RSOs may request funding for expenses that fall into one of three categories -- General Operations, Team Development, and Programming.
- General Operations are expenses related to the logistics of operating an RSO day-to-day. General operations funding may be requested multiple times per semester, but funding for an identical line-item will not be approved again until the prior allocation was used (e.g. if the RSO is allocated $200 for giveaways, the RSO must spend that entire allocation before requesting additional funding for giveaways).
- Team Development funding which RSOs may receive for up to three (3) Team Development Activities per semester, with a maximum of five (5) per year. In order to be considered as Team Development, the activity must include an obvious team-building or development component.
- Programming funding can be used for programs or events hosted by RSOs at UMSL. In order to be eligible for SABC programming funds, the program or event must be free, open to, and accessible for all UMSL students. SABC-funded programs should take place on UMSL’s campus unless there is an extenuating circumstance in which an off-campus venue is necessary (justification must be provided).
The Student Activity Budget Committee (SABC) is always looking for new members! This is a wonderful opportunity for anyone who is looking to get involved on campus.
- Being the first to know when and where exciting events are happening on campus!
- Eligibility for the Louie’s Leaders Rates for on-campus housing.
- Adding a great experience to your resume.
- Attending weekly meetings.
- Providing input in the review of budget requests submitted by Student Organizations.
SABC meeting times shift based on members’ availability each semester. Meetings typically last thirty minutes to an hour.
If you would like to take part in serving a critical role in supporting student life on campus you can apply on the Student Activity Budget Committee’s MyEngage Page by filling out the Member Application. If you have any questions or concerns you can contact the Chair of the committee, Kenny Miller, at email@example.com.