Want to quit smoking?
We've partnered with UMSL Health Services to provide a "Kick It and Quit It" to help you quit for good. Nicotine patches, gums and lozenges are provided to students, faculty and staff free of charge. Learn more here.
How to Quit
Quitting is a challenge, and we have tips, resources and programs to help you quit and start a healthier life. Our coach works to provide a quality smoking cessation interventions and follow up service for all students, faculty and staff.
What to Expect
During the initial appointment, an assessment is given to determine your specialized course of action. Each individual leaves with a self-determined action plan, quit date, and coping skills. On-going case management is provided throughout your journey to a healthier life style! Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) is given to all individuals who are actively using our smoking cessation program at no cost to them.
- You will have greater success quitting with a support program.
- Stay busy and engage in physical activity.
- Avoid stressful situations, tempting situations and triggers, such as alcohol and coffee.
- Find new activities and hobbies.
- Focus on the rewards and benefits of quitting.
Benefits of Quitting
- Risk of all smoking-related diseases is reduced.
- Blood pressure and pulse rate lower.
- Improved circulation
- Improved sense of smell and taste
- More energy and stamina.
- More money.
- No need to worry about where and when you can smoke.
- Hair, clothes, breath, car and home will smell better.