August 16, 2021 - Tritons wear face coverings
In alignment with public health recommendations, UMSL requires all faculty, staff, students and visitors age five and older to wear a face mask when entering or occupying a physical building or facility owned, operated or managed by the university regardless of vaccination status. Additionally, face coverings are required when utilizing campus shuttles. Wearing face masks outdoors, especially in group settings, is strongly encouraged. This requirement will be reviewed in mid-September for potential updates based on regional health conditions.
- When you are alone in a private work space/office or a single-occupancy study room.
- In your private residence, including those who live in university-owned or approved residential housing while in their private rooms or apartments. Note that face masks are required to be worn in all common areas.
- Children under the age of five.
- Face masks may be removed when consuming food or beverage when seated.
- Those who require a health or disability-related accommodation or are otherwise unable to place or remove a face mask without assistance.
- Read our complete UMSL Face Covering Policy for more information on exemptions and attaining documentation for a health or disability-related accommodation.
While wearing a face mask is an additional step to help slow the spread of COVID-19 Delta variant, getting vaccinated is the safest and quickest way to protect your own health and that of your family, friends and our community.
If you have not yet done so, please join a vaccination event or schedule your appointment today. Doing so will help ensure not only the safety of yourself and others, but also the ability of our university community to begin a near-normal fall semester with fewer safety restrictions.